Our practice includes not only many different breeds of dogs and cats but also birds both large and small, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, hedgehogs, turtles, rats and mice, chinchillas, ferrets, guinea pigs, pet chickens, ducks and geese, snakes, iguanas, chameleons, frogs, sugar gliders, and more. Because of our long experience, and our commitment to continuing education, we provide extraordinary care for your extraordinary pet, whatever species it may be!
Cedar Pet Clinic Lake Elmo is a member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), the only accrediting organization for small animal hospitals in the U.S. and Canada. Less than 15% of all animals hospitals qualify for AAHA accreditation, which requires regular comprehensive evaluations on over 900 standards of veterinary care. We proudly display the AAHA logo.
At Cedar Pet Clinic Lake Elmo, we believe that quality of life is as important as longevity. Diagnosis and treatment of illness in companion animals is only part of our work; prevention of disease is central to the way we practice medicine. We recommend physical examinations, tailored vaccine protocols, diet review, and regular testing for widespread serious problems such as heartworm disease and feline leukemia.
Clinic and Staff Affiliations and Memberships
Our staff is connected with our profession and dedicated to continuing education. These are some of the organizations we are affiliated with:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of Avian Veterinarians
- Animal Care Foundation
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians
- Veterinary Hospital Managers Association
- Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Services, Minneapolis
- Animal Emergency Referral Center, St. Paul
- Animal Emergency Referral Center, Oakdale